Here's the recipe for this simple dish:
celery, chopped (reserve a few celery leaves for garnishing)
chicken thigh with skin on, deboned
- Cook spaghetti as per instructions on packaging. Drain spaghetti, reserving some of the cooking water.
- Heat up frying pan. Season chicken thigh with salt and pepper then place skin side down into the pan. Let it cook for a few minutes until the skin is crispy and golden brown. Flip over and cook till the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken from pan and set aside, keeping the oil (from the chicken) in the pan
- Add garlic and onion to the chicken oil in the pan and fry till fragrant. Then, add the tomatoes and celery and a ladle or two of the spaghetti cooking water reserved in (1). Cook for about 5 minutes, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add spaghetti to the pan and stir until well mixed
- Presentation time!! Serve spaghetti in a plate, arrange the pan-fried chicken on top and garnish with celery leaves. Viola!!
Of course, all this styling is reserved for special days. When in a hurry, which is most of the time, you could use chicken pieces instead and just mix everything together :)