This went on for quite some time and I got so tired of forcing Big One, it was like forcing him to eat poison that I personally cooked. Enough was enough! I embarked on a new plan - getting Big One to cook his own meals! I figured out that
- Big One would know what exactly goes into cooking a meal
- Big One would also learn some life skills
This was one of the first dishes that Big One helped to cook. From not knowing how to keep garlic pieces in the wok, he can now help to stir-fry stuff while I wash up some dishes without tossing the food everywhere. If a little kid can cook this, anyone can too!
Onion, cut into wedges
Red pepper, cut into pieces
Chicken thigh, deboned and cut into pieces
Light Soya sauce
Dark soya sauce
Cornstarch + water
- Season chicken pieces with tomato sauce, light soya sauce, dark soya sauce, black pepper for at least 30mins.
- Heat up wok and add some oil. When oil is hot, add in onions and fry until fragrant.
- Add in chicken and stir-fry until almost cooked, then add red pepper to the wok.
- Mix cornstarch with a little water and add to the wok while stirring its contents. This helps to thicken the gravy.
- Once the gravy is thickened (thick enough to coat the chicken pieces just so slightly), its ready to serve!